Panther Guide to Success
- Attend school every day.
- Bring necessary school supplies and participate fully in all learning activities.
- Dedicate two hours each night to homework and studying.
- Think seriously about college and career goals.
- Read for pleasure in a book each day.
- Report to class on time.
- Respect others, cooperate with all adults, and do not use profanity.
- Keep CD players and electronic devices turned off and out of sight while in class.
- Cell phones may not be visible, turned on, or used during school hours.
- Refrain from displays of physical affection.
- Wear school ID at all times.
Panthers May Not
- Panthers may not wear, possess, or display non-Gardena hats, caps, or headgear.
- Panthers may not wear pants that are sagging or worn below the hip.
- Panthers may not wear bare-midriff, low-cut, or other revealing styles.
- Panthers may not wear clothing or items associated with gangs, taggers, crews, or posses.
- Panthers may not wear clothing that promotes controlled substances, hate, or inappropriate behavior.
- Three tardies during period one, or one tardy during periods two through six, will result in Saturday School.
- Students who violate class rules will receive detention from the teacher and a phone call to the parent. Detention must be served by the next class session.
- Items that are prohibited will be confiscated and held until thirty minutes after school. Continued infractions may delay the return of confiscated items.
- Failure to serve detention will result in assignment to Saturday school.
- Failure to attend Saturday school will result in suspension.
- Students who commit serious offenses (habitual misbehavior; defiance; truancy; threats; fighting; running to a fight; gambling; smoking; vandalism; theft; possession of tobacco, drugs or alcohol; possession of a weapon or replica weapon) will be subject to suspension, citation, arrest, opportunity transfer, and/or expulsion.