Why You Should Never Underestimate the Power of Molds

two guys trying to fix a flooding problemWhether you suffered from a category 1, 2, or 3 type of flooding in your home, it’s important you react promptly and address the problem as soon as possible. Of course, this doesn’t mean that you just launch yourself into the water and try to fix everything on your own.

You need the help of experts, seeing as indoor flooding can bring about serious health and safety dangers. You should also refrain from assuming that you’re already out of the woods just because you no longer see water inside. There’s another threat that may not be visible now, but will soon be: molds.

The very little time these microorganisms need to take over your house

Although a prompt response to indoor flooding significantly reduces the risk of mold growth and spread, there are some situations wherein they can still develop.

And they don’t need a lot of time to start producing spores that can circulate throughout your home and grow into spore-producing adults. In fact, they can appear all over your house overnight.

As such, you should have your home in Utah undergo mold testing as well. This way, anti-mold specialist Aerolite Group states, you still have time to act to prevent their spread before they overtake your home and pave the way for safety and health hazards.

Not always toxic, but can still have adverse health effects

Molds aren’t always of the hazardous kind. However, this doesn’t eliminate the fact that they can still cause health issues, particularly in people who already have allergies, asthma, or any other respiratory condition.

READ  Does it Make Sense to Pursue LEED Certification When Renovating or Building?

Inhaling their spores can give rise to symptoms such as sneezing, runny nose, coughing, postnatal dripping, watery eyes, and itchiness in the eyes, nose, and throat.

While molds may not be an immediate or urgent medical situation, the fact that they can hurt your health or that of your loved ones should be enough for you to mitigate the possibility of them spreading in your home.